James Mann Peony Plant
Regular price $26.00
Midseason double, med. height 32-34", large, fragrant, rose type flowers, outer petals light-med. shades of pink intensifying to darker pink center with some red flecking.
- Plant Type: Perennial, returning more abundant each year
- Color: Pink
- Height: 36"
- Spacing: 36"
- Fragrant: Yes
- Blooms: Late May-Early June (Zone 6a/b)
- Ease of Growing: Very Easy
- Size: 5/8 Eye
- Form: Potted, ready for transplant
- Sun: Full, more than 6 hours
- Soil: Not fussy, but avoid areas with standing water
- When to Plant: Spring, as soon as the ground is workable or Fall before the ground freezes.
- Try your hardest to wait 2 - 3 years before harvesting flowers from a newly planted peony; otherwise you may throttle its future growth. If you can't resist, only snip half of the available blooms and leave as much foliage as possible on the plant.
- Harvest the stem before the bud opens, when it feels like a squishy marshmallow, for longest vase life