Parties for Adults at The Makery
Through our residency at The Makery, we're excited to offer private parties at the most creative space in Downtown State College.
MAKERY PARTIES ARE GREAT FOR
- Girls Night Out
- Sororities and Student Organizations
- Bridal Showers and Bridal Party Bonding
- Baby Showers
- Alternative Bachelorettes
- Birthday Parties
- Office Parties
We love building custom experiences based on your event and guests, but here are some fan favorites to get your creativity flowing:
Succulent Garden Parties $43+ pp
Create a tabletop landscape with easy-to-care-for succulents and natural accessories to show off your personality. Base package includes design of a 6” dish garden. Upgrades to larger sizes and artisan bowls available at an added cost.
Terrarium Parties $43+ pp
Create unique, calming habitats with natural materials and succulents in glass terrariums. Base package includes design of an 8” glass bubble bowl terrarium. Upgrades to larger terrariums or unique forms (cloches, mixed media bowls, etc) available at an added cost.
Flower Arranging $55+ pp
Guests will learn the basics of floral care and design to create a fresh, vibrant arrangement. When in season, flowers are sourced from right here on our farm in Bellefonte!
Floral Jewelry $35+ pp
Create a floral cuff bracelet or hair comb with your choice of fresh or dried florals. Perfect for a pre-prom party with friends! Please note: Hot glue guns are used in this activity. Add additional piece (ring, bracelet or hair comb) for an additional $20 per item per guest
Flower Crowns $45+ pp
Create a garden fresh flower crown hand-tied with mixed blooms and foliage. Base package is for design of our Petite crowns, which are beautifully simple and low profile. Upgrade to our Garden crowns for a more full, lush, statement headpiece for an additional $10 per guest.
Seasonal Wreaths $55+ pp
Available throughout the year! Create lush, fragrant, seasonal wreaths using a technique that will be a lifelong skill. Price depends on size and ingredients. Lots of combinations and options are available, just ask! Here are our most popular:
- Eucalyptus, 14" (approximate finished diameters) $65, 18" $75
- Eucalyptus and Lavender, 14" $65, 18" $75
- Evergreen, 14" $55, 18" $65
MORE ABOUT MAKERY PARTIES
- The studio capacity is 25, including your instructor (me) so 24 invitees max
- We request a minimum $250 event value
- Most activities run for 90 minutes. You are welcome to reserve additional time before and after for socializing and eating.
- Hosts are welcome to bring snacks, drinks and extra decor. Plus...The Makery is BYOB!
HOW TO BOOK
- Step 1: Contact us! Click here to submit your inquiry
- We recommend reaching out at least one month prior to your event to schedule. The Makery (and we) have lots of activities throughout the month and availability fills up fast. Additionally, these workshops require living materials, so advanced planning is required on our end to harvest and order accordingly.
- Step 2: Send Deposit. Once a date and time is finalized, a $50 deposit is required to reserve your party. This may be paid via PayPal (email@example.com), Venmo (@rootedfarmstead) or using this listing on our website
- Step 3: Final headcount. Final headcount is required one week prior to your event so we can ensure we have all the materials you need.
- Refunds cannot be issued due to the perishable nature of our materials, however if someone in your party is unable to attend a take-home version of the craft can be prepared.
- Step 4: Make your final payment. This can be cash, check, PayPal, Venmo or can be invoiced via QuickBooks for payment via credit card.
- Step 5: Get the party started!