Parties for Kids and Teens at The Makery
Through our residency at The Makery, we're excited to offer private parties for kids and teens at the most creative space in Downtown State College.
MAKERY PARTIES INCLUDE:
Makery Parties for kids and teens are $250 for up to 10 children. Each additional guest is $15 and includes the following:
- 1 Project Activity Per Child
- 15 Minute welcome activity (usually creating cards for the birthday kiddo)
- 90 Minutes of Activity Time
- 15 minutes for cake and photo ops
- Materials and Instruction by Rooted Farmstead
Mini Garden Parties - Ages 4+
Create a tiny landscape with easy-to-care-for succulents and a wide variety of flair to show off your child's personality. Themes include:
- Fairytale Garden
- Jurassic Jungle
- Gotham Garden
- Adventure Bay
Terrarium Parties - Ages 8+
Create mini living habitats are focused on natural materials and succulents in petite glass terrariums. These are ideal for older kiddos and teens (and adults!).
Flower Arranging - Ages 8+
Guests will learn the basics of floral care and design to create a petite, vibrant arrangement. When in season, flowers are sourced from right here on our farm in Bellefonte! Safety note: Florist scissors are used for this activity.
Flower Jewelry - Ages 8+
Create a floral ring, bracelet or hair comb with your choice of fresh or dried florals. Perfect for a pre-prom party with friends! Safety note: Hot glue guns are used in this activity Add-on: Add a second piece (ring, bracelet or hair comb) for an additional $20 per guest
Flower Tiaras - Ages 12+
Create partially-filled fresh flower crowns fit for a princess! Please note: These require a little more fine motor skills. Add-on: Create a full, lush flower crown for an additional $20 per guest.
MORE ABOUT MAKERY PARTIES
- The studio capacity is 25. This includes your instructor(s), guests of the host and any adults accompanying their children. Please keep this in mind when creating your guestlist.
- Families are welcome to bring snacks, drinks and extra decor
- For littles under the age of 6, a parent or guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the event.
HOW TO BOOK
- Step 1: Contact us! Click here to submit your inquiry
- We recommend reaching out at least one month prior to your event to schedule. The Makery (and we) have lots of activities throughout the month and availability fills up fast. Additionally, these workshops require living materials, so advanced planning is required on our end to harvest and order accordingly.
- Step 2: Send Deposit. Once a date and time is finalized, a $50 deposit is required to reserve your party. This may be paid via PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org), Venmo (@rootedfarmstead) or using this listing on our website
- Step 3: Final headcount. Final headcount is required one week prior to your event so we can ensure we have all the materials you need.
- Refunds cannot be issued due to the perishable nature of our materials, however if someone in your party is unable to attend a take-home version of the craft can be prepared.
- Step 4: Make your final payment. This can be cash, check, PayPal, Venmo or can be invoiced via QuickBooks for payment via credit card.
- Step 5: Get the party started!