Private Holiday Workshops
This holiday season, we're excited to offer private parties on-farm, at The Makery in Downtown State College and on-site at your business!
We love building custom experiences based on your event and guests, but here are some fan favorites to get your creativity flowing:
Seasonal Wreaths $55+ pp
Available throughout the year! Create lush, fragrant, seasonal wreaths using a technique that will be a lifelong skill. Price depends on size and ingredients. Lots of combinations and options are available, just ask! Here are our most popular:
- Classic Evergreen, 14" $55 (approximate finished diameters)
- Evergreen Wreath Decorating, $55
- Mixed Eucalyptus, 14" $75
Flower Arranging $55+ pp
Guests will learn the basics of floral care and design to create a fresh, seasonal arrangement perfect for holiday hosting.
Succulent Garden and Terrarium Parties $43+ pp
Holiday neutral? We have you covered! Create a tabletop landscape with easy-to-care-for succulents and natural accessories to show off your personality.
MORE ABOUT PRIVATE PARTIES
- We request a minimum $250 event value
- Most activities run for 90 minutes.
- The Makery studio and Rooted Farmstead Greenhouse capacity for workshops is 25
- Hosts are welcome to bring snacks, drinks and extra decor. Plus...The Makery and Rooted Farmstead is BYOB for small groups!
- Please note we do NOT host at private residences
HOW TO BOOK
- Step 1: Contact us! Click here to submit your inquiry
- We recommend reaching out at least one month prior to your event to schedule. The Makery (and we) have lots of activities throughout the month and availability fills up fast. Additionally, these workshops require living materials, so advanced planning is required on our end to harvest and order accordingly.
- Step 2: Send Deposit. Once a date and time is finalized, a $50 deposit is required to reserve your party. This may be paid via PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org), Venmo (@rootedfarmstead) or using this listing on our website
- Step 3: Final headcount. Final headcount is required one week prior to your event so we can ensure we have all the materials you need.
- Refunds cannot be issued due to the perishable nature of our materials, however if someone in your party is unable to attend a take-home version of the craft can be prepared.
- Step 4: Make your final payment. This can be cash, check, PayPal, Venmo or can be invoiced via QuickBooks for payment via credit card.
- Step 5: Get the party started!